Sunday 6 December 2015

CHRONICLES OF TSLOW~ CHAPTER 5- AND SICKNESS CAME CALLING.



It takes an experience of death for one to appreciate life, it takes a loss for you to appreciate what you had, it takes pain to understand gain and it takes sickness to understand good health. For this particular story, I would place greater emphasis on the last part of that statement. I am sure a whole lot of us have been in that situation where all of a sudden after long periods of thinking they were invincible to whatever sort of illness there was out there, then you fall ill just out of nowhere. And when such a thing happened, do you also realize that’s probably the closest a lot of us were to God? That’s when you remember there is a God somewhere, that’s when the prayers become intensified.




Well, I have been there too that I feel ashamed to admit to it, but one particular moment which I would never forget even if I tried, would have to be when I was in my freshman year in FUTA. I was a cool chap, I believe I still am..lol… I had a lot of friends but I was pretty close with 2 girls who were running a pre-degree programme then because they didn’t make the cut off mark by JAMB to be admitted directly into the university. These girls weren’t really all that “beautiful” like the kind of girls most folks knew me to be around with but there was just something about them that drew me to them, maybe it was their calm demeanor, their humble nature, or maybe it was the fact that they always took time out to come cook me delicious meals once in a while regardless of the fact that they did it usually out of their pockets. I couldn’t really explain what the connection was or why it had to be me they were drawn too.

 But one day, something actually happened that got me thinking deep that obviously God placed those girls strategically in my life for a reason and at a season. Don’t you wonder to yourself at times as to why some folks have great impacts in our lives though they only spent only a little time with us before distance and chance sets everyone out on different paths? Why is it that even random folks we just met would go out of their way to help you out whereas the folks you’ve known for quite a while would be the ones to give you EXCUSES, when you need them the most? For me, there is only one logical explanation to situations like this and it’s called GRACE. The grace of God, or how else would you explain it? If you got one please do feel free to send me a mail via my PO BOX address. D o folks still use the post office these days? ...lol..but make una wait sef, like really? Do people still go to the post office to send letters again?

Damn, truth be told I had my fair share of posting letters back and forth between a good old female friend of mine and myself.  Those were the good old days. Some of you right now would be snickering under your breath asking yourself “this guy normal so? Why the heck is he trying to change the drift of the gist he was giving?”, If that person is you then you deserve a bottle of ORIJIN because I am obviously trying to push the conclusion of the gist unto the next chapter. So you would do well to anticipate it because what I would be putting out there is outrageously explicit, but don’t get it twisted because when I say explicit I actually mean it in a good way. Ciao ciao.




No comments:

Post a Comment